Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust runs cardiology services at Darent Valley Hospital and at the Planned Care Centre, Queen Mary's Hospital.
Our Heart Centre at Darent Valley offers patients the latest tools and techniques in managing cardiac conditions for early diagnosis and effective treatment options. Our rapid access clinics ensure patients are seen for investigations and procedures quickly through to an early diagnosis and effective treatment across the wide spectrum of cardiac conditions. The Heart Centre has an integrated cardiac catheter laboratory and day ward to perform procedures such as coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty/stenting, Pacemaker Therapy (PPM), Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) and insertion of an Implantable Loop Recorder.
Our Cardiac Physiology services offers:
- Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Pacemaker Therapy (PPM)/Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) examination and optimisation clinics
- 24/72 hour and 7-day ECG recordings
- Tilt Test service in conjunction with Elderly Care Consultants
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Diagnosis and treatment of Cardiology related Syncope (black-outs)
- Standard 12 Lead ECG service 09.00-12.00 and 13.00-15.30 Monday-Friday (appointment only)
Working as a multidisciplinary team to provide advanced cardiac care, including:
- Direct Current Cardioversion Procedure for patients with prolonged atrial fibrillation
- Heart Function Clinic
- Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic
- Coronary Artery Disease Clinic
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (GK1)
For patients requiring more complex cardiac procedures or surgery, these are performed at Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust or at King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London.
Our cardiology services at our Planned Care Centre at Queen Mary’s Hospital offers general cardiology outpatient clinics for our patients. Our clinics are staffed by a consultant cardiologist and a team of specialist cardiac nurses to provide expert cardiac care to our patients.
We offer a broad range of services including:
- A GP walk-in ECG service
- 24 hour/48 hour/72 hour and 7-day Holter ECG monitoring
- 24 hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Full 2D Echocardiograms with Colour Flow and Doppler studies
- Nurse-led clinics for heart failure and rapid access chest pain
Referrals can be made by GPs through the NHS e-Referral service or by a hospital consultant.
For cardiology-related Syncope (black-outs), GPs can refer patients directly to our Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit by calling 07925173747 for advice on the suitability of a referral to ambulatory care or any other Trust services.
12 Lead ECG Service
Due to COVID-19 our 12 lead ECG service is only available via appointment. We do not offer a walk in service.