The Library is based at Darent Valley Hospital and offers a wide range of service and resources to support NHS staff and students on placement.
Take a look at our padlets to find resources for a particular staff group or subject area:
Further information about services and resources can be found by clicking on the boxes below.
To further enhance access to library resources, the library has the following:
- access to books from the RNIB Bookshare scheme (Royal National Institute of Blind People) – books for colleagues with a neurodiverse condition, blind and partially sighted, see more here
- a dedicated computer with specialist software for converting text to speech (or vice versa) – (Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking software)
- an electric height adjustable computer desk – (which is bookable)
- page overlays in assorted colours (216 mm x 298 mm) available to be borrowed
- longer book loan periods; beyond the usual four weeks
- provision of coloured paper for printing or photocopying when required
- assistance with retrieving books off the shelves during the library’s staffed hours (Monday - Friday; 9am to 4.30pm)