The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) is designed to improve air quality in London. ULEZ now covers the London area within the north and south circular roads.
If you’re driving within the zone, you must either:
- Check that your vehicle meets ULEZ emission standards or
- Pay a daily charge.
Read more here: Ultra Low Emission Zone - Transport for London (tfl.gov.uk)
Paying the ULEZ charge
Reimbursement of the ULEZ fee for eligible patients
Patients who are referred for treatment at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup who DO NOT have a ULEZ compliant vehicle, may be eligible to claim the ULEZ charge back if they have been clinically assessed as too ill, weak or disabled to travel to an appointment using public transport.
This could be for one of the following reasons:
- Has a compromised immune system.
- Requires regular therapy or assessments.
- Needs regular surgical intervention.
- Is clinically assessed as being at moderate or high risk of COVID.
If you believe you are eligible, please download the Reimbursement form, print it out and take it with you to your appointment.
If you are unable to print the form, please ask at the reception desk of the relevant department (Outpatients adult and paediatric, Theatre, Radiology, Avery Hill, Pre op Assessment, Cardiology or Endoscopy) when you arrive at Queen Mary’s Hospital. They will provide you with a form.
The clinician will complete the relevant parts of the form, and return it to you. Please complete the rest of the form yourself.
How to reclaim your ULEZ charge
TfL recommend that you pay on the day you travel (not in advance), in case you have to cancel your journey for any reason. If you don’t pay the ULEZ charge, you may receive a penalty charge (PCN), which we can’t reimburse.
- Pay your ULEZ charge online.
- Keep your ULEZ charge receipt (or make a note of the receipt number).
- Get your claim form signed by the consultant or doctor during your appointment (see above).
- Take your signed form to Darent Valley Hospital (unfortunately there are no facilities to reimburse the charge at Queen Mary's Hospital). If you are unable to attend Darent Valley Hospital you can scan (take a photograph) of the form and e-mail it to Dgnfirstname.lastname@example.org. You can also post it or deliver it by hand to the Cashiers Office, Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth Wood Road, Dartford, Kent, DA2 8DA. Please ensure that you also attach confirmation of the ULEZ payment.
- Those eligible will have 3 months to claim a reimbursement.
What you may need to reclaim your ULEZ costs
- your bank account details.
- your vehicle registration number.
- your ULEZ charge receipt number: you’ll get your receipt once you pay.
NHS employees are not eligible to claim unless they are being treated as a patient and fit the eligibility criteria.