Our child-epilepsy service offers:
- Information, education and support to the child/young person and their family about epilepsy
- Follow-up contact for new patients diagnosed with epilepsy to provide support and education
- Telephone contact with parents and/or young person
- Networking opportunities for children and young people with epilepsy, and their families, to share their experiences with the paediatric neurology team
- Networking with other specialists, charities, such as Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity; and organisations such as Young Epilepsy UK to develop and improve the quality of services for children and young people with Epilepsy and their families.
This service is supported by a Epilepsy Nurse Specialist, supported through the Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity, the first charity-funded post in Kent.