Our child-epilepsy service offers:
· Information, education and support to the child/young person and their family about epilepsy
· Follow-up contact for new patients diagnosed with epilepsy to provide support and education
· Telephone contact with parents and/or young person
· Networking opportunities for children and young people with epilepsy, and their families, to share their experiences with the paediatric neurology team
· Networking with other specialists, charities, such as Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity; and organisations such as Young Epilepsy UK to develop and improve the quality of services for children and young people with Epilepsy and their families.
This service is supported by 2 Epilepsy Nurse Specialists, supported through the Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity, the first charity-funded post in Kent.
Rebecca Seamons provides nursing care to under 12 year olds and Sarah Buchan-Tigere provides nursing care to the over 12 year olds.