Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust is committed to keeping adults and children at risk of abuse or neglect safe when they come into contact with our services.
If you are worried that someone is suffering abuse, please report your concerns to the contacts listed below.
If a child or adult is in immediate danger, always call 999 for the emergency services.
Concerns about an adult
Alternatively call Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults:
- If you live in Medway: 01634 334466
- If you live in any other part of Kent: 03000 416161
- Out-of-hours for Kent and Medway: 03000 419191
For more information on reporting abuse and the role of Kent and Medway and Bexley safeguarding adult boards in the protection of adults at risk, please visit:
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards: a guide for family, friends and unpaid carers
The booklet contains what the MCA DOLS are all about. Importantly it helps you to:
- Understand your rights to have a say in your friend or family member’s care
- Ensure that all possible steps are being taken to protect the interests of your friend or family member while they are deprived of their liberty
Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - A guide for family friends and unpaid carers.
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) / Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) Lead is Eileen McBride. Tel: 01322 428 100 ext 8865.
Sue Govier is our Safeguarding Children’s Lead. Contact details 01322 428 100 ext 8469/8239 or bleep 903.