- Provide pain and symptom control advice
- Provide an opportunity to discuss physical, emotional, and social needs
- Provide support and allow the opportunity to express your thoughts and feelings
- Offer advice and support for family and/or carers
- Work closely with members of the hospital team involved in care
- Liaise and work closely with your District nurse, Community EllenorLions nurse, and GP
- Link up with the other local hospice, Greenwich and Bexley Cottage, for in-patient, day hospice care if appropriate
- Offer advice on benefits and grants
Referrals to the Hospital or Community Team are made by a health care professional e.g. Doctor or Nurse.
It is important that you have agreed to the referral and that your Consultant or GP has given their approval.
If seen by the hospital team as an in-patient or outpatient, they will assess if a referral is needed to the community team. If you are in the community and you need a referral to the community team please liaise with your District Nurse or GP to discuss this.
The team provides:
- specialist hospice care at home for adults and children
- telephone help and emergency nurse on-call 24 hours a day
- pain and symptom control and advice at home
- respite care at home
- counselling and family care
- bereavement care
- day care and group activities
- play and music therapy