Our Diabetes Centre is based at Darent Valley Hospital to provide expert care in the management of diabetes. Our experienced team includes specialist nurses, dietitians and consultants who are on hand to monitor our patient’s condition and offer advice when it’s needed. We also work closely with our podiatry service.
Our service includes:
- Multidisciplinary team for the management of diabetic foot (physicians from diabetes and endocrinology; vascular and podiatry as a weekly one-stop clinic)
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Management of type-1 and type-2 diabetes
- Diabetes before and during pregnancy
- A diabetic renal clinic
- Insulin pump therapy
- Structured diabetes education programme for people with diabetes called DAFNE.