Our ageing and health service sees people over 65, helping them with concerns that may be affecting their independence and well-being. We also accept patients under 65 where it's felt we can best address their needs.
Our team includes specialist doctors, nurses and therapists who deliver the support to patients they need based on their individual needs, which includes:
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment from a specialised multi-disciplinary team to determine a frail older person’s medical conditions, mental health and functional capacity
- Our Frailty Index Screening Tool to identify patients who should be admitted to our Frailty Assessment Unit (FAU) to receive the best ongoing care through the most appropriate care pathway
- Our physiotherapists and occupational therapists may provide advice and exercises, e.g. to help with walking and movement
- Our dedicated Frailty Team of specialist nurses and consultants advise on the care and treatment of older inpatients across the Trust.
March is Falls Awareness Month
- Please click here to view the dates for Falls Training