Our Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit at Darent Valley Hospital aims to offer offers appropriate patients streamlined diagnosis and treatment on the same day and sent home with ongoing clinical care, requiring no hospital admission.
Our consultant-led team assesses and treats patients that require urgent medical review. Clinical conditions accepted for referral on an ambulatory pathway include:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Haemodynamically Stable Atrial Fibrillation
- Haemodynamically Stable
- Low risk Pulmonary Embolism
- Abdominal Paracentesis (ascites) for patients with established Chronic Liver Disease and known to a Gastroenterologist
- Cellulitis working in conjunction with OPAT
GPs can make a direct referral by calling the Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit on 07925173747 for advice on suitability of a referral to ambulatory care or other Trust services.
Patients that are mobile and able to arrange their own transport should be referred direct to this service to avoid the Emergency Department.