- Patients with medical conditions that result in psychiatric or behavioral symptoms, such as delirium.
- Supporting the management of patients with mental disorders who have been admitted for the treatment of medical problems.
- Patients who may report physical symptoms as a result of a mental disorder, or patients with medically unexplained physical symptoms.
- Patients who may not have a psychiatric disorder but are experiencing distress related to their medical problems.
- Patients who have attempted suicide or self-harm.
- Assisting with the diagnosis, treatment and functional assessment of people with dementia, including advice on discharge planning or the need for long-term care.
- Patients whom have been transferred from a psychiatric hospital into the general hospital for physical reasons
Any Health or Medical professional at Darent Valley Hospital can refer a patient to the Dartford Liaison Psychiatry Team for a Mental Health assessment or advice/support via pager. Contact details are displayed in the Emergency Department and on the wards.