We are pleased to offer our patients a new online service that gives you secure access to your health record. It’s designed to improve your patient experience and access to NHS services and information. It’s a bit like online banking, but instead, you can use it to manage your health.
All your data is stored securely. Simply log in to view your healthcare information or use it to understand and monitor your condition.
This service is free to our patients and is offered using an NHS accredited system called Patients Know Best (PKB). It’s part of our promise and ongoing commitment to give you more choice and control over your care.
This service has just launched and we’re working behind the scenes to add more information to the records.
If you’ve just registered your account, you should update your personal details to make sure they’re correct, including contact details. You can also start to integrate personal devices you have, like a Fitbit or apple iPhone, so that your health and wellbeing data is synced with your account.
In the coming weeks there will be information and updates about hospital services in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, so check back regularly.
View your medical information:
hospital discharge information.
Record important medical information:
medications you are taking
data from wearable devices (e.g. glucometers or Fitbits)
other important paper documentation.
Share and control access to your health record:
share with a carer, family member, or other health and care professionals involved in your care, e.g. your GP, pharmacist, at-home care provider, or a paramedic during an emergency;
get access whether you are at home, in another part of the country, or even abroad;
monitor who has access and control what parts of your records they can see; and
consent to share information for research of your choice.
Sharing your medical information, including details of your diagnosis, allergies or the medication you are taking, can be critical for many patients, particularly if you have a long-term condition or any specific care needs.
Manage your health, treatment and communications:
- monitor and track symptoms
- keep a health journal
- exchange messages with your healthcare team
- access resources tailored for you by your healthcare team.
Simply follow ONE of the steps below to set up your account:
1. Click here [joinpkb.com] to complete registration if you have received an invitation from us. It takes no more than 2 minutes to register.
2. Speak to a member of reception staff during your next outpatient appointment - they will be happy to get you started.
3. Contact PKB, who will send your request to us. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. with your name and NHS number. Please note, the trust will need to verify your identity to set you up on the system.
Any enquiries about PKB should be directed to the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- Email: Dgn-tr.PALS@nhs.net
- Telephone: 01322 428382