After you have passed your course or degree apprenticeship, you must register with the HCPC or GOsC for osteopaths.

You may become a full member of a professional body such as the Royal College of Occupational TherapistsInstitute of Osteopathy or Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. You can find jobs advertised in their journals or on their websites as well as in NHS Jobs.

You could work in a range of settings and progress up the career ladder. You’ll need some initial experience in a more generalist role, but after awhile you might be able to specialise in an area that interests you. For example, physiotherapists can specialise in sports injuries, and speech and language therapists can focus on people with specific learning difficulties. 

You'll have to maintain certain standards in your profession through continuing professional development (CPD).