Parkinson’s Disease, Motor neurone disease, Neurodegenrative conditions
- Consultant: Dr Cathy Ellis
- Telephone: 01322 428426
We aim to provide an integrated service for MND and Parkinsonian conditions with co-ordinated approach to care involving consultant, nurse specialists and the community neuro therapy team. We also closely work with palliative care where appropriate. Referrals via letters from doctors, nurse specialists or allied health professionals for specialist service.
Parkinson's disease specialist nurse
The Parkinson's nurse accepts referrals from all healthcare professionals and self referrals. These can be by letter, email, telephone or referral form. The nurse has two out patient clinics per week at DVH, she also sees patients as inpatients and at home. She covers: newly diagnosed, symptom management and commencement and monitoring of disease modifying therapies
- Parkinsons Nurse: Drinda Harrington on 01322 42810 ext. 8424 or email email@example.com
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm
- Telephone: 01322 428100 ext 4759
- Local support group: Parkinsons - offering information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson's, their families and carers.