Interpreting and other support
We can provide communication and language support to help with your care.
If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter at your appointment.
To book an interpreter we need:
- your appointment details, where and when it is
- the language you need
- as much notice as possible
We can also offer:
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters and video interpreting
- telephone interpreting any time, anywhere in our hospitals and community sites.
- Face to face interpreters.
Please use the contact details on your appointment letter to access the service.
Our website does not offer a specific translation service, please use the ReachDeck Toolbar (icon located at the top of this webpage) which provides a free and equivalent service. Please see below for steps to translate the East Kent Hospitals website into any given language:
Open a web browser and click on the ReachDeck Toolbar (the icon located at the top of this webpage).
Click on the 4th icon from the left (translate the page into a selected language)
Select from the drop down menu the language you wish to translate the webpage into.