It is for any Carer looking after an adult who can’t be left alone for a period of time because of their care needs.
- The carer and person with care needs must live within Kent County Council boundaries.
- The carer must be unable to attend a health appointment due to their caring role
- The service does not provide overnight support.
The Carer and cared for must live within Kent (excluding Medway).
Any health appointment including:
- a visit to the GP
- any hospital appointments or tests (including London hospitals)
- dentist or opticians
- Occupational Therapy: chemotherapy, radiotherapy, outpatients etc
The support will be provided by a paid, trained and vetted member of the Carer Support Worker teams. They are experienced staff who have worked with a range of health conditions. We will aim to send the same staff member each time so the loved one can look forward to seeing someone they know. We will make the visit interesting for the person with care needs and can include reading, games, exercises, walk in the garden, making lunch. We will take care of personal care needs and medication where appropriate.
Crossroads Care Kent is a charity supporting Carers and has been in Kent for 30 years. We are CQC registered and cover the whole of Kent. We have over 200 staff and support approximately 2,500 carers each year with our services. The service is funded by Kent County Council and the NHS Kent and Medway.