Services are Free and are open to anyone who lives, works or has a GP in Kent (Excluding Medway who have their own services) To summarise the services we offer:
One You lifestyle service
- Free service addressing anything that may affect a person’s mental, physical, spiritual, societal, sexual, social, environmental or emotional well- being e.g. debt, housing, isolation.
- Up to 7 sessions over 3-4 months
- Low level alcohol use dealt with by team, physical / higher dependency passed to Drug and Alcohol services.
- Work with /refer to other organisations where appropriate based on client’s needs after an initial assessment i.e. Drug and Alcohol service, One You Smokefree, ACAS, Housing, Mental health services, Porchlight, Dental, Dietician, Food voucher programmes, GP, One You weight management, Domestic violence support, Advocacy service
One You Smokefree
- Minimum of 7 weeks behavioural support.
- As from 1st August 2021 Free nicotine replacement therapy for all (patches gum etc)
- Varenicline a stop smoking medication is also an option- one off prescription charge for a 12 week course unless the client is exempt from prescription charges
- Face to face support being re-introduced, telephone and video support also available
- Clients collect their medication from their nearest community pharmacy
Free NHS Health Checks
- Kent wide (excluding Medway) Health check clinics carried out in the community and workplaces, checks take approx. 30 mins
- The NHS Health Check programme aims to prevent cardiovascular disease , kidney disease, diabetes and some forms of dementia.
- Everyone between the ages of 40 and 74, who has not already been diagnosed with the above diseases, will be invited once every five years
- Results are shared with the clients GP and the client may be referred back to the GP if further tests are required e.g. liver function tests, diabetes screening if deemed at risk at assessment.
- Staff will be offered referrals to other OYK services e.g. stop smoking, weight loss where appropriate
One You Health Walks
- Lead by friendly volunteers
- Walks last about 45 minutes to an hour and a half
- Check for local walks on www.walkingforhealth.org.uk